Today we are pleased to announce the release of Microsoft Desktop Player. The player delivers contextual technical content( Webcasts, podcasts, white papers) aggregated across Microsoft assets that are relevant to the IT Pro adoption lifecycle. In addition, it also provides links to local resources and news for the Developers and IT Pros based on their local settings, helping to drive the local engagement/relationship.
“How it works”
· Offline and Online Player showcasing the power of Microsoft Platform choice via both in browser and out of browser experiences.
· Contextual relevant content surfaced depending on IT Adoption Lifecycle by selecting the right filters.
· Local ITE and DE connection – The player surfaces your local DE or ITE based on the user profile.
· Local Community events integration.
· Local CPLS integration to find the best place to get your Microsoft Training.
· Native integration with MSDN and TechNet sites to drive repeat traffic.
· Integration with US CMG Content repository ( May 1st )
Unique Users: 50,000
Engagements: 146,000 ( IT Pro 96,000, Developer 50,000)
“If your company is utilizing Microsoft products, then you’ll definitely benefit from this new tool. Check it out…” Click here
“ …. My first glance... Great! I've been looking for a "SharePoint 101" to see if our company may want to implement it. I was able to find 15 webcasts and 4 podcasts in only one minute ….” And
“ …. Exciting tool that aggregates Microsoft learning resources” Click here
Comprehensive set of demand generation activities for the TechNet/MSDN Widget include:
ü On-premise engines: TechNet/MSDN Flash Newsletter, TechNet/MSDN widgets, MSL resources, TechNet Edge, IT Manager Community Hub, Partner Newsletter, Partner Site headlines, Bloggers at Microsoft alias, ITE/DE blogs/Twitter, Springboard newsletter
ü Community: User Group Newsletters, UGSS page, Gitca.org NL, INETA
ü 3rd party: Petri, Dr. Dobbs, MSDN Spotlight (Devx.com)
How you can help!
ü Enrich your blog with the Microsoft Desktop Player
ü Please help spread the word through external communications targeting IT Pros and Developers. Below are resources you can readily leverage:
Microsoft Desktop Player
§ Try out the new Microsoft Desktop Player
Get the most relevant technical content and news today! Visit http://www.microsoft.com/click/desktopplayer and either view it online or download the WPF application to view offline. Try it today!
§ Microsoft Desktop Player in three sizes (180x150, 120x240 and 120x90) will be available next Friday, April 9th . Connect with Evren Toktas (evrent)